Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Doin It For Me


I find it amazing how much this prep season has changed for me compared to the last.  Food is going down more easily, cardio doesn't seem like such a waste of my precious time, people are generally more supportive, and I finally realize this is something I am doing for me and me alone.  As I reflected on all those things, it became pretty obvious to me that when I began dieting, training and competing for me, rather than to be something for someone else, the pieces fell more easily into place.  I am not fighting the daily food changes and strict regimen, the constant routine and extreme discipline; rather, I am embracing it all.  And let me tell you, it is making this far more engaging than last time.

Every morning I enjoy looking in the mirror and seeking out the (very) small changes.  I'm more than okay with the slower progress because it's progress for me and I AM happy with my small changes.  Last time I needed and expected fast, massive results so I could make someone else happy (or so I thought), but this time it's all on me.  This has been the change I needed to help me see I truly am worth more than I ever realized.  The change I needed to realize if I push myself, I can in fact do more than I ever imagined, and I will reach my goals because they are just that... MINE! 

So as I exercise, eat, ignore, and focus on me, I see a whole new potential and know with certainty, I control where I go from here. 


No comments:

Post a Comment