Wednesday, January 11, 2012

"Motivation is what gets you started; Habit is what keeps you going!"

I am very happy to say I'm finally back into the habit stage of my workout routine.  The sore body parts are back and the trillions of stairs are being stepped.  And... it feels wonderful!  After my last competition my time in the gym was a bit spotty and I didn't push as hard as I had in the previous months.  I took some time off and focused on other things (food and friends).  Now, don't get me wrong, it was a great break, but getting back into the swing of things has made me realize how badly I need the structure.

I am a total and complete gym rat and I know it.  I enjoy the structure, the pain, the sweating and most of all, the people.  People who are doing the same thing I am... Pushing toward a goal of health and fitness, motivating each other to accomplish big goals.  In addition to my friends and family, the people in the gym are the ones keeping me on track and holding me accountable.  If I miss a few days, I definitely hear about it; and that is something I find inspirational and reassuring.  The habit of the gym is back, but the extra drive to push above and beyond, comes from my spectacular gym friends!

As I write this, I think about all the other things that inspire me to push forward every day!  Those things which get me out of bed at 4:45 in the morning for cardio and head straight to the gym after work for lifts and more stairs.  I thought I'd share some of those today and encourage everyone to figure out their own and focus on them on days when the motivation is lacking just a bit... Enjoy.

    I wonder how many times I've climbed this on my stair stepper.... :)


To even look half as good as Nicole Wilkins pushes me forward every day! She's in amazing shape yet maintains her feminity.  Yep, she's beyond inspirational!

Knowing this yummyness (yep, I made up a perfect word) is waiting for me after my workout pushes me to work hard through my entire lift!


She Hulk!
 
 
I can do anything I set my mind to do!!!


2 comments:

  1. So glad to hear you back at it and getting it hard! Hope you blog your journey this time around! I love hearing how you're doing since we barely ever get to see each other! Love reading all of what inspires you, friend!

    ReplyDelete