Friday, December 10, 2010

Success - Comes with Small Steps

I haven't been blogging a whole lot lately, but thought I'd throw up my most recent progress. Because for me, it's huge. Over the past 6 weeks, I have buckled down on my diet and pushed my workouts a little bit harder. And believe it or not, it actually is providing me with results.

I am very proud to say, in six weeks, I have lost 10 pounds and 5% body fat! I had been stuck at my plateau for so long I was really starting to lose hope. That feeling prompted me to meet with a new trainer at the gym I occasionally use. He set my diet up and away I went. I also decided it was really time to find some peace with the treadmill and add a lot more running to my cardio mix. I tended to gravitate toward the stair stepper or elliptical and I knew the treadmill is what I really needed. So, with those two changes, I went on my way.

I have logged almost every day since October 27th - both food and exercise. And, when I went in to meet with the trainer again and set up my new schedule it was time to update the numbers. I knew the weight was dropping because I am addicted to the scale and have been religiously watching it move, but I was honestly flabbergasted at how much I dropped in my body fat percentage. And all I can think now is - I've got this; it's time to buckle down and knock it out of the park. So, we set some new goals...

In the next three months I will be meeting with my new trainer, Ted, twice a week (Tuesday & Thursday) for an intense full body workout. I will do a body pump class Monday nights (Ted instructs them at my gym), and will lift one additional day. I will make sure to get in good cardio (at least an hour) and abs the other two days, and make sure to include a rest day one day a week. If I can maintain my diet and continue to push myself to new levels at the gym, I really think my goals are attainable. For the first time in my entire life, I feel like I really can be fit and healthy (and look great in a tight pair of jeans). Talk about an amazing and uplifting feeling!

Goals: Drop 8 more pounds; Drop 5% additional body fat
** Reassess on March 3, 2010

2 comments: