Friday, January 7, 2011

Next Goal = Fitness Competition!

Over the past month or so I've been trying to decide what my next goal should be. I could see my initial goal so close in the horizon, and knew it was just a matter of time before i needed to press the reset button. Should my goal revolve around a certain weight again? Should it be a certain body fat percentage? Should it be an 8 minute mile...? I wasn't quite sure where I wanted to be. And then it hit me.

For months now, I have been religiously reading magazines with a focal point on fitness. I would look at the hard-bodies and think, those women are strong, amazing and absolutely stunning. Borderline obsessing, I'd read about their diet, their exercise program, and their supplements. So as I pondered my new goal, it hit me. I am going to train for and compete in a fitness competition.

Spokane typically holds two each year; usually, one in April, and then another in September. Obviously April is approaching very quickly, and I'm not willing to set this goal up to fail, so September it is. Granted, September is a ways out, but it gives me time to properly bring my body to that level of fitness. Weight loss and training aren't instant gratification type things, so time is something that needs to be given a bit of credence.

After my training session last night (which was the most difficult yet), I decided to ask Ted what his thoughts were on me competing in the future. He completely agreed I would not be ready by April, but has no doubt we can get there by September. And, he was excited for me to begin immediately.

We discussed my diet and will be tweaking my fat-carb-protein ratio yet again. The fat content I'm consuming is already very low, so now it's time to bring down the carbs (again) and push up the protein to fill the calories I'm reducing in carbs. I also will begin double days again (every other day). First thing in the morning, before I eat, shower or caffeine up, I'll hit the treadmill and get in 45 minutes of cardio. Later that afternoon I'll head back to the gym for lifting, abs and some additional cardio. I know this program is going to be intense, but to be honest, I'm super excited!

I am very proud to say I have hit my initial weight goal I set a year and a half ago, so now is the time to move to my next goal! For the first time in my life, I have seen true results and have achieved something bigger than I ever thought I would. I am so excited about this next phase. Fitness competition training, here I come!

4 comments:

  1. What is your body fat at now? We'd obviously be in different classes but how fun! You should come to the empire anyway as I will be in it. :) Oooh! Definitely buy shoes now though and practice posing! Let me know if you'd want to practice posing together! :)

    I would seriously love to have someone else in this whole thing with me. It isn't easy to get support from others on the whole figure comp... It seems that no one understands the lifestyle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just came upon your blog - are you doing fitness or figure (or bikini?). I'm training for a fitness competition in July :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exciting! I'm training for my first bikini competition... Looking forward to following your prep!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not sure where my body fat is at now. I'm meeting with my trainer again tonight so will find out when I get to check again (hopefully it's soon).

    Becoming Superwoman - I'm going to do fitness at this point. We'll see how I feel about my body when I get to that point. Who knows, fitness may be a possibility sometime. Good luck on your training! I'll be following your blog!

    ReplyDelete